Thursday, April 26, 2018

Noel Ortiz: Abstract landscapes & Faces

Julian Espinal Art Project presents
our exclusive artist Noel Ortíz
recent abstract landscapes and faces
Enjoy!

Blue Clouds
24" x 24"
Acrylic on Canvas

Born in San Juan, Puerto Rico, initially, Ortiz pursued a career in engineering, but in 2000 he began to paint, drawing on his experience with drafting, perspective, and form. After a few years, Ortiz felt that his work was ready to be seen, and he began sharing it with the wider world.

Cloudy Day
18" x 24"
Acrylic on Canvas

Ortiz draws his palette from the tropical skies of Puerto Rico, colors meant to awaken the viewer’s senses. He begins with representational landscapes, abstracting them as he paints, creating saturated earth from swatches of primary colors. It is out of this richly imagined dirt that wonderfully textured trees emerge, back lit, often, by a darkening sky. 

Living on the Rainbow
30" x 30"
Acrylic on Canvas
SOLD

Working in acrylic, Ortiz offers a unified body of work that concurrently offers individual flare. “It is always my intention to address the canvas directly, honestly, and boldly,” Ortiz says. “My heart is always pushing my work to find new language.”

Magenta Sky
36" x 36"
Acrylic on Canvas

Whether I am working with the human figure or landscapes, I am always fascinated by texture, form, and color, which I use to express how I feel about what I am seeing.

Orange Sky
24" x 24"
Acrylic on Canvas

I do not limit myself in what I paint or how I might interpret what I see. This freedom allows my work to move from representational to more abstract.

Faces Series

Reflect of Light
36" x 36"
Acrylic on Canvas

It is always my intention to address the canvas directly, honestly, and boldly. My heart is always pushing me to find new language for expression.

Silk of Light
30" x 30"
Acrylic on Canvas

The result, therefore, is not just an intellectual exercise for me: it is being involved in the “now,” always open for change and challenge, always evolving.

Symphony of Light
30" x 30"
Acrylic on Canvas

Noel Ortiz born in 1962 in San Juan, Puerto Rico.  In 1985 he obtained Bachelor Cum Laude in Chemical Engineering from the University of Puerto Rico in Rio Piedras.  In 1998 he obtained a master's degree in Management Engineering from the Polytechnic University of Puerto Rico.

Exhibitions Individual / Collective: 
2018 Arte Correo (Art Mail) Group Show, Puerto Rico
2017 El Ojo, Reflejo del Alma, Universidad Interamericana, Bayamón, P.R. - Collective 
2016 Landscapes of the Mind, Agora Gallery, New York - Collective
2016 Caminos del Hombre, Guanica, P.R. - Collective
2016 Forms and Formalities, Agora Gallery, New York - Collective
2015 Espacio Emergente, Bayamón, P.R. - Collective
2015 UNIK Prestige Gallery, San Juan, P.R. - Collective
2010 La Casita Estudio Galería, Dorado, P.R. - Individual
2010 Galería Brío, San Juan, P.R. - Collective
2008 Galería 341, Dorado, P.R. - Collective
2007 Sala de Exposición del Plata, Dorado, P.R. - Collective
2007 Galería 341, Dorado, P.R. - Collective
2005 Colegio de Ingenieros y Agrimensores de Puerto Rico, Sala de Exposiciones, San Juan
2004 Convención de Pediatría de Puerto Rico, Caribe Hilton, San Juan
2004 Galería Arrecife, Barceloneta Outlets – Collective


More of Noel Ortiz

If you are interested in acquire 
any of these paintings, please contact: 
Julian Espinal
Director and Art Consultant
863-326-2252
julianespinalartproject@gmail.com


No comments: